7D Surgical System
The IGS Promise. Delivered. Introducing Machine-vision Image Guided Surgery (MvIGS).
Fast. Efficient. Radiation-free.
The 7D Surgical System delivers on the promise of IGS and allows surgeons to perform fast, cost-effective, radiation-free image guided surgery. And with proprietary Flash™ Registration, patient registration takes less than 20 seconds.
The Pioneering Benefits of MvIGS
- Eliminates intra-operative CT or fluoroscopy used for registration
- Reduces radiation exposure
- Allows one-handed reference frame attachment in just seconds
- Instant Flash™ Registration enables complete patient registration in less than 20 seconds
- Real-time implant sizing during surgery with proprietary measurement markers
- Removes line-of-sight issues with machine vision technology embedded in the attached surgical light
- Surgeon-controlled foot pedal allows complete control from the surgical field
- Reduces reliance on technical staff and equipment
- Image guidance provides additional information for informed decision making
- Generates real-time correlation between surgical tool interaction and CT images
- Enables quick re-registration to maintain accuracy
- Eliminates the need for intra-op radiology equipment and associated personnel
- Significantly reduces registration time
- Platform designed for use in multiple surgical specialties*
- Single, mobile platform with a small footprint
Machine Vision and IGS.
An Illuminating Approach to Surgical Navigation.
Machine vision uses a light source, camera technology, computational hardware, and software algorithms to create images that can be analyzed and processed. Applications in this rapidly growing field include identification, inspection, and guidance, with advanced machine learning and smart applications representing the next horizon. By applying machine vision technology to IGS, 7D Surgical has advanced surgical navigation with the first and only Machine-vision Image Guided Surgery (MvIGS) system.
Proprietary Flash™ Registration uses structured light during the automated registration process. Using only visible light, a 2D light pattern is projected onto the anatomy. The light pattern reflected from the anatomy’s surface is then digitized using a point cloud with over 300,000 points. The most optimal points are instantly selected and automatically matched with a pre-operative CT, creating the 3D image mapping for surgical navigation.
7D Spine Navigation
Empowering Spine Surgeons
Dedicated to addressing the unmet needs of surgical navigation for surgeons and patients, 7D Surgical has developed the first and only Machine-vision Image Guided Surgery (MvIGS) system that allows surgeons to perform fast, cost-effective, radiation-free spinal navigation.
Proprietary Flash™ Registration
Guided by our philosophy of “designed by surgeons, for surgeons,” 7D Surgical has reduced the entire workflow time to less than 20 seconds for patient registration. Traditional IGS systems can take up to 30 minutes for registration, with even more time spent if re-registration is required.
7D Cranial Navigation
Dedicated to Transforming Cranial Navigation Through Machine-vision Image Guided Surgery (MvIGS).
7D Surgical has dedicated the full strength of its resources, talents, and energy toward a single goal: providing the first and only MvIGS system that allows surgeons to perform fast, cost-effective, radiation-free IGS. As cranial procedures amount to more than 590,0001 in the U.S. per year, 7D Surgical is currently undergoing clinical evaluations with the same base platform used for spinal navigation (the 7D Surgical System) to develop a cranial specific module, including software and tools, for use in cranial navigation.
The 7D Surgical System is the First Ever MvIGS Platform, Helping Surgeons to:
- Deliver high quality, accurate procedures
- Use only visible light to eliminate radiation exposure for surgeons, staff, and patients
- Increase surgeon control
- Improve IGS workflow efficiencies
What is Image Guided Surgery (IGS)?
Similar to what GPS has done for geographic navigation, IGS is like a GPS system for back surgery. Using sophisticated hardware and software, IGS combines images of your back taken before and during your surgery to create a surgical navigation map that helps guide your surgeon throughout your spinal procedure. The 7D Surgical System is the first and only IGS system that delivers the benefits of image-guidance without using radiation during your surgery.